You are here
Thuy D. Tranviet
Thúy Tranviet has been teaching and managing the Vietnamese language program in the Department of Asian Studies since 2000. She teaches Vietnamese at all levels including advanced courses in newspaper reading and Vietnamese contemporary literature. An interdisciplinary scholar, her broad academic interests are within the framework of international education, literary studies and international development with specialized knowledge in international/global service-learning (ISL/GSL). She is particularly interested in connecting ISL in all academic disciplines.
Thúy has been selected as one of Engaged Cornell's Faculty Fellows. She received her Ph.D. in Education from Cornell University, her MA from the University of Michigan, and her BA from the University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Asian Studies
- Contemporary literature, especially satire in Vietnamese writings in the 1930s
- VIET 1121 : Elementary Vietnamese I
- VIET 2201 : Intermediate Vietnamese I
- VIET 3301 : Advanced Vietnamese I
- Contributed to Who’s Who in Contemporary Women’s Writing (Routledge, 2001)
- Her translation and introduction of Vu Trong Phung’s The Industry of Marrying Europeans was published in January 2006 by Cornell SEAP Publications