The Vietnamese language program at the Department of Asian Studies at Cornell offers four levels of language training in Vietnamese from elementary to advanced, and a course in independent study. Four language skills, including speaking, listening, reading and writing are important components of the course. Beginning and Intermediate Vietnamese courses focus on topics dealing with daily aspects of Vietnamese life. Advanced levels explore various issues in modern society through different types of reading texts.
- Vietnamese Media Library
Please contact the instructor for the username and password
- Visit this site to download UniKey for Vietnamese (unicode) fonts. You will need this font to write and read all Vietnamese pages.
- All about Vietnamese fonts (in Vietnamese)
- Online Vietnamese Dictionaries
Free Vietnamese-English-French Online Dictionary website.
- Vietnam Travel
Traveling to Vietnam? Start here...
- Vietnam on Travelfish
Another Vietnam travel page...
- Vietnam on Things Asian
Asia Travel Guides
- Photographing Vietnam
Picture gallery on Vietnam and its beautiful landscape, rich history and diverse culture by QT Luong.
- SEASSI (Southeast Asian Summer Studies Institute)
Studying Intensive Southeast Asian languages at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Vietnamese and other Southeast Asian languages - all levels are offered. (Summer only)
- Studying Abroad and Service Learning in Vietnam with SUNY-Brockport
Considering spending a semester learning and volunteering in Vietnam and getting 15 college credits? (Email me for additional information). Fall, Spring, Summer.